NSF NeXUS User Workshop – July 30-31, 2020
The inaugural NSF NeXUS user workshop will be held as a virtual event on Thursday, July 30 and Friday, July 31, 2020. Please join us to learn about and help shape the NeXUS facility. This will be a highly interactive event to gather input and feedback from researchers interested in the NeXUS capabilities.
Planned workshop events include:
- An introduction to NeXUS presented by co-directors Dr. Robert Baker and Dr. Louis DiMauro from Ohio State University
- Plenary speakers:
- Katalin Varjú, Scientific Director of ELI-ALPS
- Stephen Leone, UC Berkeley
- Karl Krushelnick, Director of ZEUS Michigan Mid-scale Facility
- An introduction to the NeXUS experimental end stations by their lead designers
- Short presentations by and discussions with attendees about proposed “killer” experiments
- Nominations for the NeXUS user committee
Each day, virtual presentation and discussion sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern U.S. time.
View the printable flyer for this event here.